This project is a collaborative effort of the JPIC Commission in the name of UISG, USG and the Global Catholic Climate Movement (GCCM). The International Union of Superiors General (IUSG), is a Catholic organization representing about 600,000 sisters and nuns from 80 countries worldwide.
"The guiding goals are to create a coordinated effort of the members of UISG, provide resources for the study of Laudato Si', and to partner with like-minded organizations working care of the planet. We strive to provide opportunities to meet the "cry of the earth and the cry of the poor. Congregations around the world have provided resources to spread and share the seeds which are being planted for the hope of our shared home" Source www.sowinghopefortheplanet.org)
Objectives of the Campaign
• To provide materials for reflecting on Laudato Si
• To create a coordinated effort of the members of UISG: sharing resources, sharing good practices, providing formation for sisters
• To partner with organizations which are already working on care of the planet
• To develop a statement for Sowing Hope for the Planet to be adopted by the Board of UISG
To determine a prayerful context and coordinated actions related to advocacy issues:
• Reduce the usage of plastic bags
• Research viable alternative uses for plastic bags as a local industry
• Be responsible for a given rural/city area to keep clean
• Urge countries to keep their commitments from COP 21 which set the target of limiting global warming to well below 2°C.
• Encourage and determine fossil fuel divestment and reinvestment alternative energy strategies
Link to general informations