COP 26 must be a forum for making decisions especially on these five key points (Source: Towards COP26: Advocating for Climate Justice):
- Finalise the Paris Agreement in full, so implementation of the Rulebook can begin.
- Find solutions that respect human rights and allow all nations to achieve net-zero targets by 2050.
- Mobilise US$100 billion yearly in climate finance to developing countries.
- to policies that promote more sustainable economies like the European Green Deal.
- Ensure business is accountable for their emissions and negative impact on the environment and communities.
- Integrate nature-based solutions9 (NBS) in finalizing the Paris Agreement Rulebook.
Ecojesuit@COP26 is an online platform to encourage learning, and develop meaningful and collaborative engagement towards COP26, the annual United Nations Climate Change Conference to be held in
Glasgow, UK, from 1-12 November. Negotiations around the Paris Agreement have lagged since the Paris Agreement was signed in COP21, bringing greater urgency for local-global collaborations as we face
a critical tipping point. Communities, organizations, schools, universities, networks, social centers, and all those who desire greater climate ambition, are invited to engage by:
- Sharing existing or original stories, articles, reflections, news, reports about COP26 or climate action in any language
- Posing questions or starting discussions in the Forums section
- Proposing collaborations or informing others of events/engagements that can be promoted through our calendar
- Subscribing to our bi-monthly newsletter for updates on the COP process, and related resources